Southern Pecan Pie with Toffee Crunch
|1 (from 15 ounce package) refrigerated ready-to-bake pie shell pastry|
|1-1/4 Cups dark corn syrup|
|4 Large eggs, lightly beaten|
|1-1/2 Cups pecans, halved|
|1/4 Cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly|
|2 Teaspoons pure vanilla extract|
|1 Cup toffee pieces, DIVIDED|
|1 Tablespoon flour|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll pastry into a 12-inch circle on lightly floured surface. Fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Fold edge under and flute edge.
- Combine corn syrup, eggs, pecans, butter and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Stir 2/3 cup of toffee pieces with flour and add to pecan mixture. Pour entire mixture into pie pastry.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until knife inserted 2-inches from edge comes out clean.
- Remove pie from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Immediately sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup of toffee pieces over the top.
- Cool completely before serving.
|Recipe Source: Recipe and photo kindly provided by Butterball.||