Herb Marinated Grilled Turkey and Panzanella Salad
|Herb Marinated Grilled Turkey|
|1/4 Cup dry white wine|
|Juice of one lemon|
|Zest of 1/2 lemon|
|1 Clove garlic, chopped|
|2 Tablespoons olive oil|
|1/4 Cup chopped fresh herbs such as parsley, thyme, basil, rosemary, oregano|
|6 TURKEY CUTLETS|
- Combine wine, lemon juice and zest, oil, garlic and fresh herbs in a zip-lock food safe plastic bag. Add turkey and marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill pan or grill to medium-high heat. Grill turkey, over indirect heat 4 to 5 inches from the heat, for 5 to 6 minutes on each side until turkey is no longer pink in center and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove from heat, tent with foil and set aside.
|Southern Panzanella Salad|
|8 Cups 1" cubed ciabatta bread|
|3 Cloves garlic, minced|
|4 Tablespoons olive oil, DIVIDED|
|3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar|
|2 Teaspoons Dijon mustard|
|4 Cups coarsely chopped tomatoes|
|1 Cup chopped cucumber|
|1/2 Cup thinly sliced red onion|
|3 Slices TURKEY BACON, cooked and crumbled|
|3 Ounces fresh goat cheese|
|1/2 Cup fresh basil leaves, torn into large pieces|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Toss bread cubes with garlic and 2 tablespoons of oil. Spread on baking sheet coated with cooking spray and toast for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned, tossing once halfway through.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining 2 tablespoons oil with vinegar and mustard; season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes, cucumber and onion and gently toss. Allow to marinate for 10 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Just before serving, toss tomato mixture with toasted bread. Add bacon, crumbled cheese and torn basil. Gently toss together.
- Serve with grilled turkey.
|Recipe Source: Recipe created by Gena Knox of Fire & Flavor|
|Chef: Gena Knox||