|4 (4-ounce) fresh TURKEY BURGERS|
|4 (1/4-Inch thick) slices red or yellow onion|
|As needed Cooking spray|
|1/2 Teaspoon garlic salt|
|1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|4 (1-Ounce) slices Cheddar cheese|
|4 Kaiser rolls or bakery-style hamburger buns, split|
|4 Slices red ripe tomato|
|4 Leaves romaine or red leaf lettuce|
- Coat turkey burger patties and onion slices with cooking spray. Sprinkle patties with garlic salt and pepper.
- Grill patties and onions over medium coals 6 to 7 minutes per side or until no longer pink in center and internal temperature registers 165 degrees F.
- Top patties with cheese during last minute of grilling.
- Place rolls, cut side down on grill during last 1 to 2 minutes of cooking to toast lightly.
- Serve patties in rolls with grilled onions, tomato and lettuce.
- Serve with desired condiments.