|Pineapple Pico de Gallo|
|1/3 Cup chopped plum tomatoes|
|1 Tablespoon chopped green bell peppers|
|1 Tablespoon minced sweet onion|
|2 Tablespoons fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and diced|
|1/2 Teaspoon minced fresh jalapeno, seeds removed|
|1/4 Teaspoon minced fresh garlic|
|2 Teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped|
|Dash each salt and freshly ground pepper|
|2 Teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice|
|1/4 Teaspoon olive oil|
- Combine all ingredients. Cover and chill for at least 1/2 hour.
|2 Teaspoons chili powder|
|2 Teaspoons ground cumin|
|4 (4-Ounce) TURKEY BURGERS|
|4 Each whole grain roll, split|
|4 Large green leaf lettuce leaves, washed, dried and chilled|
- Combine chili powder and cumin.
- Place frozen turkey burgers on preheated 350 degree F grill. Season with 1/2 teaspoon chili/cumin mixture. When “puddles of juice” form on the surface (about 3 minutes), turn burgers. Sprinkle surface with another 1/2 teaspoon chili/cumin mixture.
- Grill for 3 to 5 more minutes on second side or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Turn burgers one more time to sear surface.
- OR broil frozen turkey burgers in a preheated broiler, 4 inches from the heat source, for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- On base of roll, layer 1 lettuce leaf, cooked turkey burger and top with Pineapple Pico de Gallo. Place top of roll on sandwich and serve.