Turkey Burgers with Roasted Vegetables and Chipotle Mayo
|1/2 Cup mayonnaise|
|1 Teaspoon sugar|
|1 Tablespoon pureed chipotle in adobo sauce|
|1/2 lime, juiced|
- Blend mayonnaise, sugar, pureed chipotle and lime juice together in a medium bowl. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
|4 4-Ounce WHITE MEAT TURKEY BURGERS|
|8 Ounces grilled or roasted red peppers and onions|
|4 Each sandwich rolls, prefer focaccia or ciabatta roll|
|8 Slices Pepper Jack cheese|
|8 Slices red ripe tomato|
|2 Ounces leaf lettuce, washed, dried and chilled|
- Grill or broil turkey burgers, 4 inches from the heat, to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Heat roasted onions and peppers on grill.
- Split and grill rolls, cut side down, until golden brown.
- Evenly spread 2 tablespoons chipotle mayonnaise on each roll.
- About 30 seconds prior to removing turkey burgers from grill, top each with heated onions and peppers, then with cheese. Cover with lid to allow heat to melt cheese.
- Place tomato slices and lettuce on the roll.
- Place turkey burger on bottom of roll. Cover with roll top.
|Recipe Source: Recipe and photo kindly reprinted from Perdue Foodservice.||