Turkey Avocado Club Sandwich
|1/2 Cup mayonnaise|
|2 Tablespoons ketchup or chili sauce|
|1-1/2 Teaspoons pickle relish|
|2 Dashes Worcestershire sauce|
|1/4 Teaspoon salt|
|To taste freshly ground black pepper|
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, ketchup, relish, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Continue whisking until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
|8 Slices marble rye bread|
|4 to 6 pieces leafy green lettuce|
|8 Slices red ripe tomatoes|
|4 Thin slices red onions|
|1 Pound OVEN ROASTED TURKEY BREAST, sliced thin|
|8 Slices TURKEY BACON, crisp cooked|
|16 Slices ripe avocado|
|To taste kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper|
- Spread 1 tablespoon Russian dressing on each slice of bread. On 4 slices of bread, layer lettuce, tomato and onion slices, 4 ounces turkey, 2 bacon strips, 4 avocado slices, salt and pepper.
- Place remaining bread slices on top. Secure each sandwich with a toothpick.
- Slice in half or quarters.
|Chef: Reprinted: "New England Soup Factory Cookbook: More Than 100 Recipes from the Nationís Best Purveyor of Fine Soup" with permission from Thomas Nelson, Inc. Copyright 2007 by Marjorie Druker and Clara Silverstein. Photo credit: Ron Manville.|
|Location: Brookline, MA||