Turkey Primavera with Linguine
|1/2 Pound uncooked linguine|
|2 Tablespoons olive oil|
|1 Cup chopped red bell pepper|
|1/3 Cup sliced green onions|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 Cup fresh button mushrooms, sliced|
|2 Cups broccoli florets|
|1-1/2 Cups chopped zucchini|
|10 Ounces prepared Alfredo sauce, refrigerated|
|1 Cup whole milk|
|1/2 Teaspoon dried Italian seasoning|
|2-1/2 Cups chopped COOKED TURKEY|
|As needed shredded Romano cheese|
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and green onions. Sauté 2 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Stir in mushrooms and continue cooking 2 minutes longer; set aside.
- Meanwhile, steam broccoli until crisp-tender. Remove from steamer and stop the cooking process by plunging into ice water. Drain and hold for service. Steam zucchini until crisp-tender. Remove from steamer and stop the cooking process by plunging in ice water. Drain and hold for service.
- Combine Alfredo sauce, milk and Italian seasoning in medium bowl. Add to skillet mixture. Stir in cooked broccoli, squash and turkey.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until heated through.
- Serve sauce over hot linguine. Sprinkle with shredded Romano cheese.
|Chef: Recipe and photo kindly provided by Butterball.||