Spiced Pumpkin Pie
| Pastry for 1-crust 9-inch pie|
|3 Large eggs|
|2 Cups canned or cooked pumpkin puree|
|1/3 Cup light brown sugar|
|1/2 Cup white sugar|
|1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1 Teaspoon ground ginger|
|1/2 Teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg|
|1/4 Teaspoon salt|
|1-1/4 Cups light cream or evaporated milk|
|1/3 Cup pecan halves|
|As needed whipped cream|
- Line 9-inch pie pan with pastry, trim edge and pinch/crimp decoratively.
- Place a large baking sheet in the oven and preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Stir in pumpkin, sugars, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Beat lightly with a fork just until combined. Gradually stir in cream/milk and mix well.
- Spoon pumpkin filling into shell.
- Bake pie, on hot baking sheet, in preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until the center of the fillings seems set but quivery, like gelatin, when pie plate is jiggled.
- Cool pie on a wire rack. Refrigerate within 2 hours.
- Garnish with whole pecans. Serve with whipped cream.