Turkey Pesto Parmesan Meatballs
|1-1/2 Pounds GROUND TURKEY|
|1/4 Cup pesto sauce|
|1 Teaspoon hot pepper flakes|
|1/3 Cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|1 sweet onion, minced|
|1/2 Teaspoon salt|
- In large bowl, combine ground turkey, pesto, hot pepper flakes, Parmesan cheese, onion and salt. Shape mixture into 30 1-1/2 inch balls.
|2 Teaspoons vegetable oil|
|2 28-Ounce cans diced tomatoes|
|1 Tablespoon pesto sauce|
|1 5.5-Ounce can tomato paste|
|1 Teaspoon granulated sugar|
|1/4 Cup dry red wine|
|As needed hot cooked pasta|
- In large non-stick skillet, heat oil. Place meatballs in skillet, cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, until lightly browned.
- Place meatballs in slow cooker. Add diced tomatoes, 1 tablespoon pesto sauce, tomato paste, sugar and wine. Stir carefully to combine.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve over hot cooked pasta.
|Recipe Source: Recipe provided by the Ontario Turkey Producers' Marketing Board||