Moroccan Turkey Stew
|2 Tablespoons olive oil|
|1 Large sweet potato, peeled, cut into chunks, about 2 cups|
|1 Cup chopped onion|
|1 Cup peeled and sliced fresh carrots|
|1 Clove fresh garlic, minced|
|2 Teaspoons ground cumin|
|1-1/2 Teaspoons ground ginger|
|1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/2 Teaspoon salt|
|1 (14.5-ounce) Can diced tomatoes, undrained|
|1-3/4 Cups water|
|1/2 Cup raisins|
|2 Cups couscous, uncooked|
|2 Cups COOKED TURKEY|
|1/4 Cup shelled pistachios, chopped|
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add sweet potatoes, onions, carrots and garlic; stir. Cook 6 minutes, or until onions are tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in cumin, ginger, cinnamon and salt; cook 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes with liquid, water and raisins and stir well. Bring to a boil. Cover.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Cook couscous according to package directions while simmering tomatoes. Cover to keep warm.
- Add turkey to vegetable mixture; cook 5 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve stew spooned over the couscous; sprinkle with pistachios.
|Recipe Source: Recipe and photo kindly provided by Butterball||