Coconut Pound Cake
|1/2 Pound unsalted butter, softened|
|3 Cups sugar|
|5 Each large eggs, room temperature|
|3 Cups all purpose flour|
|1 Cup whole milk, room temperature|
|1 Cup long shred coconut|
|1 Teaspoon lemon extract|
- Cream thoroughly the softened butter; gradually add sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time beating after each addition.
- Add alternately, the flour and milk, beginning and ending with flour. Mix well.
- Add coconut and lemon extract and mix until blended.
- Pour into greased and floured large tube pan.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree F oven for 75 to 90 minutes or until a toothpick, inserted in the center, comes out clean.
- Completely cool the cake prior to serving. The cake is very rich and should be sliced thin for serving.