|2 Large eggs|
|1/2 Cup skim milk (or whole milk may be used)|
|1/2 Teaspoon salt|
|1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
- In a shallow container, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Set aside.
|8 Slices French bread, cut 3/4-inch thick|
|4 Ounces Swiss cheese, sliced thin|
|16 Ounces COOKED or OVEN ROASTED TURKEY BREAST, sliced thin|
|1/4 Cup whole berry cranberry sauce|
|As needed unsalted butter|
- For each sandwich, place 1/2-ounce cheese atop one slice French bread. Add 4 ounces sliced turkey, 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce and another 1/2-ounce cheese. Top all with second bread slice.
- Repeat with all ingredients to assemble a total of 4 sandwiches.
- Dip both sides of sandwiches in egg batter. On lightly greased hot griddle, over medium heat, cook sandwiches on both sides until lightly browned and cheese has melted.
- Slice on the diagonal and serve immediately.