|1/4 Cup toasted sesame oil|
|2 Teaspoons rice wine vinegar|
|1 Teaspoon low sodium soy sauce|
|1 Tablespoon light brown sugar, packed|
|1 Teaspoon fresh gingerroot, peeled and grated|
|1/2 Pound MESQUITE SMOKED TURKEY BREAST, deli sliced|
- Mix the oil, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and ginger together in a bowl.
- Cut the turkey slices into strips, about 1-inch wide by 3/4-inch long.
- Add the turkey breast strips to the marinade and stir to coat all surfaces. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for about one hour.
|Assembly and Service|
|2 Small cans whole water chestnuts, drained well|
|32 Toothpicks, soaked in cold water for 15 minutes|
|As needed fresh herbs|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Remove turkey from marinade and drain. Discard marinade.
- Wrap each water chestnut with a strip of turkey, securing with a toothpick.
- Bake the rumaki on a lightly oiled baking sheet for 10-12 minutes, until turkey is slightly crisp and brown.
- Garnish with fresh herbs.
- Serve warm.