Thanksgiving Turkey Calzones
A great way to use leftover holiday turkey and gravy.
|1 8-Ounce tube refrigerated crescent dinner rolls|
|4 (2-Ounce) Slices OVEN ROASTED TURKEY|
|4 Ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated|
|4 Ounces canned mushroom slices, well drained|
|2 Teaspoons fresh tarragon leaves|
|1 Large egg, beaten|
|1/2 Cup dry plain bread crumbs|
|1 Cup TURKEY GRAVY, heated to boiling stage|
- Separate crescent roll dough into 4 rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal. Press each to form 6x5-inch rectangle.
- Top each rectangle to within 1/2 inch of edge with 1 slice turkey, 1 ounce grated cheese, 2 tablespoons sliced mushrooms and 1/2 teaspoon fresh tarragon.
- Fold dough in half, forming a square; pinch edges to firmly seal. Dip each calzone in beaten egg, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place calzones on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is a deep golden brown.
- Top calzones with hot turkey gravy, if desired.