|3 Tablespoons dry white wine|
|3 Tablespoons tarragon vinegar|
|1 Medium shallot, minced|
|6 Sprigs fresh tarragon, leaves removed and reserved|
|8 White peppercorns, lightly crushed|
|3 Large egg yolks|
|1-1/2 Teaspoons cold water|
|1/2 Cup warm (not hot) clarified unsalted butter|
|To taste salt and ground white pepper|
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, combine wine, tarragon vinegar, shallot, fresh tarragon and peppercorns. Simmer, uncovered, until reduced by two-thirds. Strain liquid; remove tarragon sprigs and peppercorns. Allow wine reduction to cool.
- Combine egg yolks and water and whisk mixture until it is light and frothy. Place in the top of a double boiler over barely simmering water. Whisk until the eggs are thickened, about 2 to 4 minutes. Do not over cook the yolks.
- Remove eggs from the heat and whip to slightly cool the mixture.
- While whisking constantly, slowly add warm clarified butter, first a few drops at a time. Once the emulsion starts, the butter may be added at a slightly quicker rate.
- Stir in reserved chopped tarragon leaves and reserved wine reduction. Season with salt and white pepper.
- Keep béarnaise sauce warm in a covered double boiler pan over low heat.
|Turkey Cutlets and Assembly|
|5 4-Ounce TURKEY CUTLETS|
|As needed all purpose flour|
|5 Ounces clarified unsalted butter|
|20 Medium fresh asparagus spears, steamed, shocked and cut into pieces|
|1/3-Pound fresh crabmeat, picked over to remove shells|
- Place turkey cutlets between two pieces of plastic wrap. Carefully pound cutlets to an even ¼-inch thickness maintaining each cutlet in one piece.
- Dust flattened cutlet with flour.
- Sauté both sides of cutlets in clarified butter. Remove cutlets from the pan and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to low and add asparagus and crabmeat to pan. Warm over low flame.
- Place turkey cutlets on warm dinner plates.
- Arrange 4 asparagus spears and 1-ounce crab atop each turkey cutlet. Top with3-ounces warm béarnaise sauce.