|Turkey Sausage Prep|
|1 Pound GROUND TURKEY, cold|
|2 drops liquid smoke|
|1 Teaspoon salt|
|1-1/4 Teaspoons dried sage leaves|
|1 Teaspoon sugar|
|1/2 Teaspoon ground ginger|
|1 Teaspoon poultry seasonings|
|1/2 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|1/8 Teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1/8 Teaspoon anise seed, crushed|
|1/4 Teaspoon fennel seed, crushed|
|1/4 Teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/4 Teaspoon dried thyme leaves|
|1/2 Teaspoon dried oregano leaves|
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients together.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours to allow the flavors to permeate.
- Stuff 3-ounces mixture into sausage casings. Let sausage relax on racks over baking sheets in refrigerator.
|2 Bay leaves|
|2 Thyme leaves|
- Bring salted water to boil; add bay leaves and thyme. Lower heat to simmer. Add sausage; poach for 10 minutes until almost cooked. Let cool in poaching liquid.
- Cover and refrigerate on sheet pans.
- Grill sausage on lightly oiled grill rack. Cook over medium-high direct heat for 8 to 10 minutes, turning frequently, until sausages reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F and all traces of pink have disappeared.