|1 Tablespoon olive oil|
|1 onion, peeled and chopped|
|1/2 Cup diced celery|
|1 Cup diced carrots|
|12 Ounces red skinned potatoes, peeled and diced|
|1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped|
|2 Cloves garlic, peeled and crushed|
|2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|3 Cups TURKEY STOCK|
|10 Ounces COOKED TURKEY, diced|
|2 Ounces sweet corn kernels|
|To Taste salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|1 Teaspoon dried thyme|
|1/4 Cup light cream or table cream|
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Gently saute the onion, celery, carrots and potatoes for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add red pepper and garlic and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Sprinkle flour onto vegetables and stir to blend well. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove pan from the heat and gradually stir in the stock.
- Return pan to heat and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Add diced turkey and corn.
- Add salt, pepper and thyme and continue to simmer for 5-8 minutes or until potatoes are cooked and turkey is piping hot.
- Stir in cream and adjust seasonings.
- Serve in warm soup bowls.
|Recipe Source: This recipe is provided by the British Turkey Information Service of London, England and photo provided by Canadian Turkey Marketing Agency||