|2-1/2 Pounds TURKEY WINGS|
|5 Cups cold water|
|2 Onions, quartered|
|1 Carrot, cut in chunks|
|1 Bay leaf|
|5 Black peppercorns|
|2 Cubes low-sodium chicken bouillon, or TURKEY BROTH|
- In a 5-quart saucepan combine all seven ingredients. Bring to a boil over high heat. Skim off any foam. Reduce heat, cover and simmer mixture for 1 to 1-1/4 hours, or until turkey is tender.
- Remove turkey from cooking liquid and allow to cool. Remove poultry from bones, discard skin and bones. Cube poultry; cover and refrigerate.
- Strain broth. Discard seasoning, vegetables and spices. Skim off any remaining fat. Return broth to saucepan.
|1 Ear corn, cut into 1/2-inch slices|
|1 Carrot, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices|
|1 Stalk celery, cut into 1/2-inch slices|
|1 Medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 to 3/4-inch slices|
|4 Medium tomatoes, peeled and cut into quarters|
|1 Cup sugar-snap peas or green beans|
|1 Medium leek, well rinsed and thinly sliced|
|1/2 Cup lima beans|
|3 Tablespoons pearl barley|
|3 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped; or 1 tablespoon dry|
|1-1/2 Teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped; or 1/2 teaspoon dry|
|1 Clove garlic, mashed with 1/4 teaspoon salt|
|3/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|1 Cup broccoli flowerettes|
|1/2 Cup fresh or frozen peas|
- Add first eight vegetables, barley and seasonings to broth. Over high heat, bring mixture to a boil. Cover and immediately reduce heat to a simmer. Cook 20 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
- Add reserved turkey, broccoli and peas; gently cook 5 to 10 minutes. Adjust seasoning to taste.