Turkey Escalope on French Bean Salad with Golden Beets and Pickled Wild Mushrooms
|Pickled Wild Mushrooms|
|4 Cloves fresh garlic|
|1 Large bay leaf|
|1 Sprig fresh thyme|
|10 each black peppercorns|
|7 Fluid ounces cold water|
|1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt|
|1 Pound assorted mushrooms (shiitake, oyster & chanterelle), cleaned and trimmed|
|4 Fluid ounces cider vinegar|
|2 Fluid ounces olive oil|
- Place garlic, bay leaf, thyme and peppercorns in a cloth/muslin bag and tie to close. Reserve.
- Bring salted water to a boil, add the trimmed mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms and put them in a bowl, adding the cider vinegar, olive oil and muslin bag. (Save the water for step 2.)
- Toss to coat mushrooms with the mixture. Cover and marinate for 2-3 hours prior to service.
|1/2 Pound extra fine French beans|
|6 Ounces golden beets|
|2 Ounces hazelnuts|
- Cook the beans in boiling salted water until crisp-tender or for 3 to 4 minutes, then shock in ice water.
- Meanwhile, cover unpeeled beets with cold water. Boil beets until tender. Drain, peel and cut into 1 cm (slightly less than 1/2-inch) dice.
- Reserve beans and beets for service in the refrigerator.
- Roast whole hazelnuts in the oven. Then crush or slice finely. Cover and reserve for service.
|Sherry Vinegar and Hazelnut Vinaigrette|
|1/4 Cup honey|
|4 Fluid ounces sweet sherry (i.e. Harvey's Bristol Cream)|
|8 Ounces sherry vinegar|
|4 Small shallots, finely diced|
|1 Teaspoon cornstarch|
|1 Tablespoon cold water|
|7 Fluid ounces hazelnut oil|
|4 Fluid ounces light olive oil|
- Combine honey, sweet sherry, sherry vinegar and shallots in a sauce pan and boil until 1/3 of the quantity remains.
- Whisk the corn starch and water together. Whisk cornstarh mixture into honey mixture. Bring to a boil again and then remove from the heat.
- Whisk in the hazelnut oil, olive oil and season to taste. Reserve for service.
|4 (6-Ounce) TURKEY ESCALOPES|
|As needed salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|2 Tablespoons olive oil|
- Season turkey escalopes with salt and pepper.
- In a preheated frying pan, pour in the olive oil.
- Sauté the turkey escalopes on both sides until golden, approximately 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Finish, if necessary, for a further 5 minutes in a preheated 350 degree F oven until cooked through to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
|2 Ounces dried cranberries|
|2 Ounces micro greens or mixed salad greens, chilled|
- Mix the chilled beans and beets together along with the pickled mushrooms, dried cranberries and sherry/hazelnut vinaigrette.
- Portion onto dinner plates.
- Slice the warm turkey escalopes and place atop each salad.
- Garnish with micro greens or mixed salad greens. Sprinkle hazelnuts atop each presentation.