|Turkey Sausage Prep|
|2 Pounds GROUND TURKEY, chilled|
|4 Drops liquid smoke|
|1-1/2 Teaspoons salt|
|2-1/2 Teaspoons dried sage leaves|
|2 Teaspoons sugar|
|1 Teaspoon ground ginger|
|2 Teaspoons poultry seasonings|
|1 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|1/4 Teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1/4 Teaspoon anise seed, crushed|
|1/2 Teaspoon fennel seed, crushed|
|1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/2 Teaspoon dried thyme leaves|
|1 Teaspoon dried oregano leaves|
- Combine turkey with all other ingredients. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate turkey mixture at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Poach a small quantity of sausage 10 minutes to check seasoning. Adjust as required.
- Stuff 3-ounces mixture into sausage casings. Let sausage relax on racks over sheetpans in cooler.
|4 Bay leaves|
|4 Thyme leaves|
- Bring salted water to boil; add bay leaves and thyme. Lower heat to simmer. Add sausage; poach for 10 minutes until almost cooked. Let cool in poaching liquid.
- Cover and refrigerate on sheet pans. Hold for service.
- Grill sausage on lightly oiled grill rack. Cook over medium high direct heat for 8 to 10 minutes, turning frequently, until sausages reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.