|2 Small whole tomatoes|
|To Taste salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|2 Tablespoons each fresh herbs - thyme, basil and rosemary - DIVIDED|
|8 (2-ounce) TURKEY SAUSAGE PATTIES|
|2 Tablespoons olive oil|
|1 Tablespoon unsalted butter|
|4 extra large whole eggs|
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Cut tops from tomatoes. Cut tomatoes in half. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and fresh herbs. Oven roast about 1 hour. Remove from oven. Cool, slice and reserve for service.
- Cook sausage patties on a preheated 325 degree F griddle until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Warm a 10-inch nonstick skillet. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter. When butter stops sizzling, crack each egg into hot pan. Turn each over when egg whites are set. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add an additional tablespoon of butter if the pan turns dry. Shake the pan lightly and slide eggs from the pan onto a tray. Sprinkle with fresh herbs.
|Plating and Service|
|4 Sourdough English muffins, split|
|1/2 Cup fresh spinach or arugula leaves, well washed and drained|
|4 thin slices fresh Ricotta cheese|
|As needed each fresh herbs - thyme, basil and rosemary|
|As needed fresh fruit|
|As needed cracked black pepper|
- Brown the open sides of muffins. Place the bottoms of each muffin on 4 plates. Top each with spinach leaves. Add tomatoes, top with 2 turkey sausage patties, 1 egg and ricotta slice.
- Sprinkle herbs over each of the muffins. Grind a little additional cracked pepper on each. Cover with muffin top. Serve fresh fruit as an accompaniment.