Turkey and Wild Rice Creamy Dijonnaise Soup
|1/3 Cup salted butter|
|4 Cloves garlic, minced|
|3 Cups diced onions|
|1 Cup diced celery|
|3 Cups sliced carrots|
|1/3 Cup all-purpose flour|
|2 Quarts PULLED or COOKED TURKEY BREAST, medium dice|
|12 Ounces canned sliced water chestnuts, well drained|
|1 Gallon TURKEY STOCK (well-flavored)|
|4 Teaspoons dried tarragon|
|2 Each bay leaves|
|4 Cups cooked wild rice|
|1 Cup Dijon mustard|
|1 Quart light or heavy cream|
|1 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce|
|1 Cup chopped fresh parsley|
|To Taste kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|As needed blanched julienne carrots|
|As needed fresh parsley|
- Place butter in a large heavy lined stockpot over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, celery and carrots. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over vegetables and stir well to coat the vegetables. Sauté with flour for 3-5 minutes.
- Add stock, turkey, water chestnuts, tarragon and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 35-40 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients. Stir very well so the entire soup is thoroughly mixed.
- Return to heat and cook an additional 5 minutes. Remove bay leaves.
- Serve 12-ounces per order. Garnish each soup bowl with a sprinkle of fresh parsley.
|Chef: Chef Marjorie Druker|
|Restaurant: New England Soup Factory|
|Location: Greater Boston, MA||