Mandarin Turkey Stir-Fry
|4 Pounds BONELESS TURKEY BREAST, thawed|
|1/2 Cup low-sodium soy sauce|
|1-1/2 Ounces cornstarch|
|1 Tablespoon granulated sugar|
|1/2 Cup + 1 Tablespoon pure olive oil|
|1 Tablespoon chopped garlic in oil|
|1/4 Ounce fresh gingerroot, peeled and minced|
|1/2 Cup dry sherry|
|1/2 Cup hoisin sauce|
|2 Tablespoons granulated sugar|
|1 Tablespoon sesame oil|
|1 Pound fresh pea pods|
|1 Pound + 3 Ounces fresh 6x7 tomatoes, cut into wedges|
|As needed steamed rice|
- Cut turkey into thin strips, slicing on the diagonal.
- Blend soy sauce, cornstarch and 1 tablespoon sugar until smooth. Add turkey strips and toss to coat all surfaces.
- Heat oil in large wok or on griddle top on high heat. Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry for about 30 seconds. Add turkey mixture and stir-fry for about 2 minutes or just until turkey is cooked through.
- In a separate bowl, combine sherry, hoisin sauce, 2 tablespoons sugar and sesame oil to make sauce.
- Add pea pods, tomato wedges and hoisin sauce mixture to turkey. Bring to a simmer.
- Serve atop steamed rice.
|Chef: Julie Lampie, MBA, RD|
|Restaurant: Tufts Dining at Tufts University|
|Location: Medford, MA||