|Sugar Glazed Pecans|
|1-1/2 Cups large pecan halves|
|1/2 Cup sugar|
- Place pecans in a preheated 325 degree F oven for 5 minutes.
- Melt sugar in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add pecans when melted sugar is light brown in color.
- Stir to coat pecans and heat until they reach a golden brown. Turn heat off if sugar becomes too dark.
- Place on tray to cool, stirring occasionally.
- Store in an air tight container at room temperature.
|1/2 Cup dry red wine|
|1/4 Cup Dijon mustard|
|1-1/2 Teaspoons kosher salt|
|1-1/2 Teaspoons freshly ground black pepper|
|1 Cup balsamic vinegar|
|2 Cups extra virgin olive oil|
- Combine red wine, Dijon, salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar.
- Very slowly add extra virgin olive oil and whip until thoroughly blended. Taste and adjust seasoning with additional salt and pepper.
|Assembly and Service|
|6 Large green tart apples, peeled, cored and julienned|
|3 Gallons young arugula leaves, washed, dried and chilled|
|1/4 Cup chopped fresh sage|
|3 Pounds OVEN ROASTED TURKEY BREAST, cut to 1/2-inch dice|
- Prep apples by placing in cold water with fresh lemon juice. Cover, chill and hold for service.
- Per order: Toss 2 pints arugula, 1 teaspoon sage and 4-ounces diced turkey with 2-ounces Balsamic Vinaigrette. Transfer to salad bowl.
- Arrange julienned apple strips atop mixture.
- Sprinkle top of each salad with 2 tablespoons sugar glazed pecans.