Latino Turkey Loaf
|2 Tablespoons vegetable oil|
|2-1/2 Cups chopped sweet onions|
|1/2 Cup minced garlic|
|1 Tablespoon salt|
|1 Tablespoon freshly ground black pepper|
|2 Tablespoons dried thyme|
|1 Tablespoon ground cumin|
|2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce|
|1/3 Cup milk|
|1-1/4 Cups chunky salsa|
|2-1/2 Cups fresh bread crumbs|
|5 Large eggs, beaten|
|5 Pounds GROUND TURKEY|
|As needed oil for loaf pans|
- Over medium heat, in a large stockpot, heat oil. Add onions, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme and cumin. Sauté until onions and garlic are translucent but not brown. Remove from heat.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, milk, salsa and bread crumbs. Stir to combine well. Cool slightly. Add eggs, stir well. Gently blend in ground turkey and mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixture and form into loaves. Place in 2 oiled loaf pans.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven approximately 50-60 minutes for a 9x5-inch loaf pan or until the internal temperature registers 165 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for at least 10 minutes before cutting.
|Recipe Source: The Seven Hills School|
|Chef: Chef Jimmy Gherardi, FWMCS, CMC|
|Location: Cincinnati, OH||