|1/8 Cup olive oil|
|2 Stalks celery, chopped fine|
|1 Pound kale, shredded|
|1 Pound collard greens, shredded|
|1 Pound cabbage, shredded|
|2 Teaspoons red pepper flakes|
|2 Teaspoons mustard seeds, crushed|
|2 Teaspoons celery seed|
|2 Teaspoons Tabasco sauce|
|3 Teaspoons kosher salt|
|2 Teaspoons freshly ground black pepper|
|2 Cups TURKEY BROTH or low-sodium chicken broth|
- Heat oil in an extra-large skillet over medium heat. Add celery followed by remaining greens. Stir in all the seasonings and spices. Mix well and gently simmer.
- When the greens have started to reduce, add both. Cook until greens are soft and most of the broth has evaporated. Cover and chill greens until cold.
|2 Each SINGLE LOBE TURKEY ROASTS|
- Trim the turkey lobes of any fat. Using twine, tie lobes into a round roast, allowing room for the stuffing mixture. Be sure not to tie too tightly.
- Using a long thin knife, cut pockets into the roast at both ends. Tightly stuff chilled greens mixture into the pockets. Any remaining greens may be banked on top of the turkey.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Place turkey roast on a tray/baking pan with foil.
- Cook turkey until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- If the roast is being served hot, let it stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Southern Maryland Style Stuffed Turkey Roast is flavorful when sliced and chilled for sandwiches.