Turkey Salad Pineapple Boat
|10 Pounds BONE-IN TURKEY BREAST|
|3 Cups mayonnaise|
|1 Cup creme fraiche|
|2 Cups minced celery|
|1-1/2 Cups sweet pickle relish|
|To taste kosher salt|
|To taste ground white pepper|
- Rinse turkey breast under cold running water. Place in large 8 quart pot, cover with cold water, bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer. Skim foam from surface and gently simmer approximately 2 hours or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove turkey breast from stockpot, cool slightly, remove all skin, bones and sinew (save broth for another use).
- Dice turkey breast. Cover and chill thoroughly before continuing.
- Combine chilled diced turkey with mayonnaise, creme fraiche, celery and pickle relish. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper.
|5 Medium to Large golden sweet pineapples|
|20 date nut bread sandwiches, cut in strips|
|As needed fresh fruit|
- Cut golden sweet pineapple into quarters, in wedge shapes, leaving the tops attached to each quarter.
- Remove woody center portion of each quarter. Release edible portion of flesh by cutting along and close to skin of pineapple from tip to bottom of each quarter section.
- Cut vertically along length to make 5 to 7 sections in the "boat". (Option: Alternate each section by sliding sections about half way towards outer edges of each quarter section.)
- Place 3/4 cup prepared turkey salad on top of each pineapple boat.
- Serve with cream cheese filled date nut bread sandwiches and other fresh seasonal fruits.
|Chef: Chef & Owner Jim Alexander, CEC|
|Restaurant: Zebra Restaurant & Wine Bar|
|Location: Charlotte, NC||