Turkey Breast Provencal
|2 Cups TURKEY BROTH|
|1/2 Cup dry white wine|
|1/2 Cup freshly squeezed lemon juice|
|2 Heads garlic, cloves separated, unpeeled|
|1 Pound whole petite onions|
|1/4 Cup fresh rosemary, crushed|
|2 Tablespoons fresh thyme|
|1 Teaspoon kosher salt|
|1/2 Teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed|
|1/2 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|12 Large plum tomatoes, quartered|
|1 Pound fresh or frozen artichoke hearts, slightly thawed|
|1 Pound asparagus spears|
|6 Ounces black olives, pitted and well drained|
|As needed olive oil, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|10 Pounds BONE-IN TURKEY BREAST|
- In a roasting pan combine broth, wine, lemon juice, garlic, onions, rosemary, thyme, salt, fennel seeds and pepper. Cover pan with foil. Heat 30 minutes in a preheated 325 degree F oven.
- Remove pan from oven. Add tomatoes, artichoke hearts, asparagus and olives in a pile in the center of the pan.
- Rub turkey breast with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place turkey breast, breast side up, on top of vegetables. Float foil over top of turkey and roast 2 hours. Remove foil and roast an additional 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until food thermometer inserted in thickest part of breast registers 170 degrees F. Baste turkey and vegetables frequently with pan juices.
- Remove turkey and vegetables from roasting pan. Allow turkey to rest for 15 minutes.
- Reserve 6 cloves of garlic and pan juices. Remove any skin from reserved garlic. Combine garlic with pan juices in food processor bowl. Process until mixture is smooth. Reheat sauce to a simmer.
- Portion: 1/3-pound turkey breast slices. On warm dinner plates, shingle turkey slices. Ladle sauce over turkey and vegetables.