|Honey Pineapple Chutney|
|1 Ripe fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices|
|1 Large sweet onion, peeled and sliced 1/2-inch thick|
|1-1/2 Tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1/3 Cup honey|
|1/4 Cup red wine vinegar|
|1 Tablespoon grated orange peel|
|1 Tablespoon peeled and grated fresh ginger root|
|1/4 Teaspoon ground allspice|
|1/4 Cup red bell pepper, seeded and minced|
- Brush pineapple and onion slices with 1-1/2 tablespoons oil.
- Using the direct grill method, grill for about 5 minutes per side over medium-high heat or until lightly charred; remove and let cool slightly. Discard tough pineapple core.
- Finely chop pineapple and onion and place in a medium saucepan with honey, vinegar, orange peel, ginger and allspice; stir well.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered for 45 minutes. Add minced bell pepper and cook for 10 minutes more; let cool.
|1-1/4 Pounds GROUND TURKEY, extra lean|
|1/2 Cup Honey Pineapple Chutney|
|1-1/2 Teaspoons Jamaican jerk seasoning|
|2 Teaspoons vegetable oil|
|4 Hawaiian sweet sandwich rolls or potato burger buns, split and toasted|
|As needed butter lettuce leaves, washed, drained and chilled|
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ground turkey, 1/2 cup honey pineapple chutney, jerk seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Shape into 4 large flat patties and brush each with 1/2 teaspoon oil.
- Using the direct grill method, grill burgers over medium coals for 5 to 8 minutes per side or until cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Serve on toasted buns lined with lettuce leaves. Place a heaping spoonful of chutney on top of each burger.