Grilled Turkey Cutlets with Apricot Chutney
|1/4 Pound golden raisins|
|3 Ounces brown sugar|
|1 Ounce cider vinegar|
|1 lemon, zested and juiced|
|2 Ounces onion, chopped|
|1/2 Ounce fresh gingerroot, peeled and rough chop|
|2 Cloves fresh garlic, peeled|
|1 Medium serrano chili, seeded|
|1/4 Teaspoon ground mace|
|1/4 Teaspoon ground cloves|
|To taste salt and freshly ground pepper|
|10 Ounces dried apricots, soaked to soften|
- Combine all chutney ingredients except softened apricots. Process until smooth.
- Add apricots and pulse until coarsely chopped. Cover and hold chilled for service.
|30 4-Ounce TURKEY CUTLETS|
|As needed olive oil|
|4 Pounds mashed potatoes|
|3 Pounds fresh vegetables, steamed|
|As needed fried leeks|
- Brush turkey cutlets lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill. Grill cutlets over medium flame, about 4-inches from the heat. Cook for about 8 minutes or until turkey is cooked throughout, is no longer pink in the center and the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F.
- Pipe or spoon mashed potatoes onto a warm dinner plate. Add vegetables and 2 turkey cutlets. Spoon 1 tablespoon Apricot Chutney atop turkey cutlets. Garnish with fried leeks.
|Recipe Source: Recipe developed by Chef Shawn Kiene, Crowne Plaza Five Seasons, Cedar Rapids, IA.||