Smoked Turkey Roll-Ups with Cranberry Chutney
|Cranberry Chutney Dressing|
|2 Ounces unsalted butter|
|1 Small white onion, medium dice|
|1/2 Cup sugar|
|2 Cups cranberries, cleaned|
|1 Medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped|
|1 Cup rice wine vinegar|
|1 Tablespoon mustard seed|
|3 Cups mayonnaise|
|1/2 Cup fresh tarragon|
- Heat butter and sauté onion in butter. Add sugar and caramelize until golden brown.
- Add cranberries, jalapeno, vinegar and mustard seed. Simmer all ingredients until reduced to desired consistency.
- Mix cranberry chutney, mayonnaise and tarragon together in a food processor.
|24 (10-inch) flour tortillas|
|48 Leaves red leaf lettuce|
|4-1/2 Pounds SMOKED TURKEY, thinly sliced|
|24 Slices jalapeno jack cheese|
|10 to 12 Large tomatoes, cut into 1/4- inch slices|
- Spread 1/4 cup cranberry chutney dressing to cover one side of each tortilla. Layer 2 lettuce leaves, 3 ounces turkey, 1 slice cheese and 3 tomato slices on 3/4 of each tortilla.
- Roll pita to encase the entire filling. Wrap tightly and chill for about 1 hour.
- Cut on the diagonal and serve with fresh fruit garnish.
|Recipe Source: Recipe developed by Chef Craig Scheuerman, CCC, of Stratford University in Falls Church, VA.||