|Turkey Sausage Prep|
|1 Cup leeks, well washed & sliced|
|2 Tablespoons butter|
|2 Pounds TURKEY BREAST or TENDERLOIN, cut in 1-inch pieces|
|1 Pound TURKEY THIGH, cut in 1-inch pieces|
|1 Pound fatback, cut in 1-inch pieces|
|2 Pounds pork butt, cut in 1-inch pieces|
|1/4 Cup whole mustard seeds|
|3-1/3 Tablespoons kosher salt|
|2 Teaspoons ground mace|
|2 Teaspoons ground white pepper|
|2 Teaspoons ground cayenne pepper|
|2 Teaspoons ground ginger|
|1 Cup green onions, finely chopped|
|1 Cup chervil, chopped|
|2 large eggs, beaten|
|2 Cups whole milk|
- Sweat leeks in butter until limp; cool to room temperature.
- Combine turkey with other meats, mustard seeds, kosher salt, mace, white pepper, cayenne and ginger. Add green onions, chervil and cooled leeks. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate turkey mixture at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Grind chilled turkey mixture through meat grinder, using medium disk. In bowl, combine ground turkey mix, eggs and milk; mix well. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour. Poach a small quantity of sausage 10 minutes to check seasoning. Adjust as required.
- Stuff sausage casings; do not twist into links. Let sausage relax 1 hour on racks over sheetpans in cooler.
|4 bay leaves|
|4 thyme sprigs|
- Bring salted water to boil; add bay leaves and thyme. Lower heat to simmer. Add sausage; poach for 10 minutes until almost cooked. Let cool in poaching liquid.
- Cover and refrigerate on sheet-pans until cold.
|1 Ounce olive oil|
|1 Cup yellow onion, medium-dice|
|1 Quart rhubarb, medium-dice|
|1/2 750-milliliter bottle Zinfandel|
|1/2 Cup dark-brown sugar|
|2 Cups blackberries, washed & drained|
|1 Quart TURKEY STOCK|
|2 Teaspoons kosher salt|
|1-1/2 Teaspoons ground black pepper|
- Heat olive oil; saute yellow onion until tender and begins to brown. Add rhubarb; stir until wilted.
- Add Zinfandel and bring to boil. Reduce wine by 1/2.
- Add brown sugar. Stir until sugar melts. Add berries and turkey stock; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes until rhubarb begins to fall apart. Season with salt and black pepper. Remove from heat; cool.
- Puree sauce in blender or food processor; pass through small disk of food mill.
- Cover and hold for service.
|Service and Plating|
|As needed clarified butter|
|As needed arugula sprigs|
- Per order: Brown turkey sausage in clarified butter. Slice. Fan sausage in center of plate.
- Garnish with arugula and Zinfandel-Rhubarb sauce.