|20 Pound WHOLE TURKEY|
|1-1/2 Cup kosher salt, divided|
|1/2 Cup black peppercorns|
|3 Gallons duck fat|
- With a boning knife, remove turkey legs, wings and thighs.
- Remove turkey breasts and reserve for another menu item.
- Place turkey wings, thighs and legs on a sheet pan and cover with 1 cup kosher salt. Cover and chill overnight or for 12 hours.
- Place turkey wings, thighs and legs in a large pan. Mix the remaining ˝ cup of kosher salt and peppercorns. Add this mixture to the duck fat and pour over the turkey parts.
- Place over low heat and simmer until turkey falls from the bone. Strain oil. Reserve for next time.
- Pick turkey off the bone, shredding turkey into strands. Yields about 2 pounds. Reserve for service.
|Roasted Tomato Sauce|
|7 Pounds Roma tomatoes|
|2 Ounces olive oil|
|1 Pound red bell pepper, seeded and julienned|
|1 Pound green bell pepper, seeded and julienned|
|1/2 Pound onion, julienned|
|1/3 Cup salt|
|1/3 Cup pepper|
|2 Tablespoons dark chili powder|
|1 Cup pineapple juice|
- Roast tomatoes over the grill until 75% blackened.
- Heat oil over low heat. Add peppers and onions. Cook until softened.
- Stir in tomatoes and seasonings. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree in a blender or food processor until smooth. Stir in pineapple juice and adjust seasonings as required.
- Yields about 1 gallon. Hold for service.
|15 Large poblano peppers|
- Blister poblano peppers in a 400 degree F fryer for about 15 seconds. Plunge into cold water. Drain.
- Peel poblano and make a cut on one side to insert stuffing.
|As needed olive oil|
|4 Ounces shallots, peeled and sliced|
|2 Tablespoons fresh garlic, minced|
|1 Pound chanterelles, cleaned and quartered|
|1 Pound shiitakes, cleaned and quartered|
|1/2 Cup dry sherry|
|1/2 Cup raisins|
|3 Cups RICH TURKEY STOCK|
|3 Tablespoons chili powder|
|2 Tablespoons cumin|
|8-10 Ounces Manchego cheese, grated|
- Heat the olive oil. Sauté shallots, garlic, chanterelles and shiitakes in hot oil. Deglaze with sherry.
- Add raisins, turkey stock and seasonings. Stir in reserved turkey confit. Cook over medium heat until mixture has been reduced and is almost dry.
- Stir in Manchego cheese.
- Allow mixture to cool. Stuff each pepper with 4-5 ounces of turkey confit.
- Place cut side down on a half sheet pan. Bake in a 350 degree F until heated through.
|Plating and Service|
|2 Ounces sour cream, ligthly whipped by hand|
|As needed fresh greens, washed and chilled|
- Nap plates with about 6 ounces Roasted Tomato Sauce.
- Place stuffed pepper atop sauce and garnish with sour cream and fresh greens.