|6 Cups boiling water|
| zest of 2 oranges|
|1 Cup honey or maple syrup|
|3 Tablespoons kosher salt|
|1 Tablespoon molasses|
|1 Each Spanish onion, cut in half and sliced|
|2 Each bay leaves|
|20 Each whole black peppercorns|
|1 Head garlic, split in half|
|1/2 Cup fresh ginger root, peeled and chopped|
|1 Tablespoon mustard seeds, optional|
|6 6 to 7-Ounce TURKEY CHOPS or CUTLETS|
- Place all brine ingredients in a bowl and let cool.
- Add turkey chops, coating surfaces with the brine solution. Cover and refrigerate for 24-36 hours.
|1 Tablespoon olive oil|
|1 red onion, finely minced|
|1 Tablespoon fresh ginger root, peeled and chopped|
|2 Cups cranberries|
|1/4 Cup golden raisins|
|2 Tablespoons brown sugar|
|1 Tablespoon maple syrup|
|1/4 Cup brandy|
|2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar|
|1/2 Cup orange juice|
|1/4 Teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1 Each cinnamon stick|
|1/2 Teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg|
|2 Cups cranberry juice|
|1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt|
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil and heat until hot.
- Add onion and ginger and saute for 1 minute.
- Add cranberries, raisins, brown sugar, maple syrup, brandy, balsamic vinegar and orange juice.
- Cook until syrupy and reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Add cayenne, cinnamon, nutmeg and cranberry juice; simmer until thickened, about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon stick and set aside to cool. Add salt.
|1 Each shallot, minced|
|1/2 Cup maple syrup|
|1/4 Cup balsamic vinegar|
|2 Cups TURKEY BROTH|
|1 Tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature|
- Place shallot, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and broth in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Lower the heat to medium and cook until reduced by half, about 12 minutes.
- Add the butter. Set aside.
|Grilled Turkey Chops|
|1-1/2 Teaspoons kosher salt|
|1-1/2 Teaspoons black pepper|
- Remove chops from marinade and dry with a clean paper towel.
- Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper and place on a preheated grill.
- Grill for about 5 minutes on each side to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Pour glaze over turkey chops and serve immediately, accompanied by cranberry compote.