|Cooked Tomato Vinaigrette|
|1/2 Cup extra virgin olive oil|
|2 Small plum tomatoes, cored and quartered lengthwise|
|1/2 Teaspoon minced garlic|
|1/4 Teaspoon chopped thyme leaves|
|1/2 Teaspoon chipotle puree|
|2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar|
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring, until softened. Add garlic, thyme, chipotle paste and vinegar. Cook stirring for 2 more minutes.
- Let cool. Transfer to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Use immediately or cover tightly and refrigerate up to one week. Whisk or shake well before serving.
|Turkey Chorizo Salad|
|4 TURKEY CHORIZO SAUSAGES, sliced 1/4" thick|
|3 Cups cranberry beans, cooked and drained|
|3 Cups garbanzo beans, cooked and drained|
|3 Cups black beans, cooked and drained|
|6 scallions, thinly sliced|
|2 Small red onions, finely diced|
|4 Cloves garlic, pressed|
|4 Small jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely diced|
|12 Ounces marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered|
|1/2 Cup Cooked Tomato Vinaigrette|
|2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves|
|To Taste sea salt|
|To Taste freshly ground black pepper|
- Brown turkey chorizo slices over medium heat. Drain on paper towels and set aside to cool.
- In a large serving bowl, combine beans, scallions, onions, garlic, jalapenos, artichoke hearts and chorizos. Add 1/2 cup vinaigrette and toss well to coat evenly. Add cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
Recipe for Homemade Chorizo Sausages http://www.eatturkey.com/recipe/recipe.cgi/2/11624/