|Carve & Prep|
|4 Pounds TURKEY THIGH CUTLETS|
- Remove turkey drumstick and thigh by cutting leg away from body.
- Remove turkey drumstick from thigh by cutting at the joint.
- Slice a ½ inch scaloppine cutlet down the length of the thigh.
- Lay a 24" piece of plastic-wrap on clean cutting surface and lightly cover with oil.
- Place turkey scaloppine cutlets on one side of plastic-wrap, folding the other side to cover.
- With mallet or flat edge of butcher knife gently pound the turkey scaloppine to a ¼ inch thickness.
- Make thin cross cuts on one side of the scaloppine to allow the spice rub to penetrate.
|1/3 Cup Hungarian paprika|
|2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard|
|1 Tablespoon kosher salt|
|1 Tablespoon black pepper|
|3/4 Teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1/3 Cup olive oil|
- Place paprika, mustard, salt, black pepper, cayenne and olive oil in a shallow bowl and mix together.
- Dredge turkey cutlets into the rub, making sure to work the spice rub into the turkey.
|3/4 Cup all-purpose flour|
|1/2 Cup olive oil|
|3 Tablespoons unsalted butter|
- Spread flour over a plate. Lightly dredge spiced cutlets in flour and remove to holding plate.
- Place large skillet over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add oil and butter.
- Add turkey cutlets one at a time, making sure skillet is hot prior to each addition.
- Cook until edges begin to color (about 3 minutes.)
- Turn and cook 2 minutes on the other side.
- Remove turkey to a plate.
|1 Large Spanish onion, chopped|
|6 Cloves garlic, thinly sliced|
|6 TURKEY SAUSAGES, cut into medium dice|
|1 Cup almonds, coarsely chopped|
|18 plum tomatoes, roasted|
|6 Cups TURKEY BROTH|
|1-1/2 Large fennel bulbs, trimmed, cored and thinly sliced|
|3 Large lemons, juiced|
- Reheat the skillet and add oil.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add turkey sausage and almonds and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, broth, fennel and lemon juice, stirring well after each added ingredient.
- Bring to a low boil.
- Return turkey scaloppine cutlets to the skillet and cook until heated through (about 2 minutes.)
|1/3 Cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped|
|1 Bunch scallion tops, thinly sliced|
- Remove turkey scaloppine cutlet to plate.
- Spoon sauce over cutlet.
- Garnish with cilantro and scallions, and serve immediately.