Savory Grilled Turkey
|1 (12 pound) WHOLE TURKEY|
|1 Cup unsalted butter, cubed|
|1/2 Cup cider vinegar|
|1/2 Cup freshly squeezed lemon juice|
|1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce|
|1 Tablespoon A.1. steak sauce|
|1 Teaspoon kosher salt|
|1 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|1 Teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce|
- Remove giblets from turkey (discard or save for another use).
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan in the center. Skewer turkey openings closed and tie drumsticks together.
- When the grill temperature has reached about 350 degrees F, place turkey on the grill rack, directly over the drip pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Set aside and cover 2/3 cup for serving.
- Continue to grill turkey 1-2 hours longer or until a meat thermometer reads 175 degrees F in the thigh, basting frequently with remaining sauce.
- Cover turkey and let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Serve with reserved sauce.