|5 Tablespoons olive oil|
|2 Pounds coarse GROUND TURKEY (preferred dark meat mixture)|
|1 Medium onion, small dice|
|2 Medium carrots, peeled and small dice|
|1 Medium celery stalk, small dice|
|5 Cloves fresh garlic, minced|
|2 Tablespoons tomato paste|
|1-1/2 Cups dry white wine|
|2-1/2 Pounds fresh roma tomatoes(if not in season, sub high quality canned tomato)|
|3 Cups TURKEY STOCK|
|1 Ounce chopped fresh oregano|
|1 Ounce fresh thyme|
|2 Ounces chopped fresh basil|
|1 small pinch red pepper flakes|
|As needed cooked linguine|
|As needed grated fresh Parmesan|
|As needed fresh basil, chiffonade|
- Sauté ground turkey in hot olive oil, season with salt and pepper and cook through. Remove from pan.
- In the same pan, sauté onion, carrots and celery for 6 to 8 minutes. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Stir in tomato paste and deglaze with wine. Cook until wine is evaporated.
- Add tomatoes and stock and cook for 30 minutes.
- Stir in chopped herbs and crushed red pepper flakes. Adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Serve over linguine. Sprinkle with Parmesan and garnish with additional basil.