Herb Cheesecake Appetizer
|16-Ounces fat- free cream cheese, softened|
|1 Cup part-skim Ricotta cheese|
|1 Cup light sour cream, spoon off liquid|
|1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese, shredded|
|2 Large eggs|
|1 Teaspoon dried marjoram|
|2 Teaspoons dried basil|
|2 Teaspoons dried oregano|
|1/4 Teaspoon salt|
|1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|1 (10.5-Ounce) jar red pepper jelly|
|1/3 cup chopped fresh basil|
|As needed fresh carrots sticks, zucchini slices, bell pepper strips, celery sticks, etc.|
|As needed crackers|
- To prevent leakage, wrap foil around base and exterior of a 9-inch round springform pan. Place a very large roasting pan with 1/2-inch warm water on the middle shelf in the oven. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In food processor, combine cream cheese, Ricotta, sour cream and Parmesan. Process until smooth. Add eggs, herbs, salt and pepper. Process until well combined and smooth.
- Pour mixture into springform pan. Place springform pan in hot water in roasting pan. Bake 45-55 minutes or until top of cheesecake just begins to brown and center is set.
- Cool about 2 hours. Remove foil. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours. Remove outer ring of pan.
- Spread pepper jelly atop cheesecake and sprinkle with basil. Serve at room temperature with crackers and fresh vegetables.
|Recipe Source: Recipe and photo kindly provided by Giant Foods, LLC.||