With fewer calories and less fat than chicken and beef, and 0 percent saturated fat, turkey is the Perfect Protein!* High in protein and packed with nutrients, turkey has always been a good choice for any healthy, balanced diet. Turkey products easily adapt to popular flavor trends to offer satisfying options to health-conscious customers of all ages.
EatTurkey.com provides consumers and foodservice professional the tools they need to purchase, prepare and serve delicious, lean, protein meals without increased saturated fat - and without comprising taste.
Foodservice professionals can visit the comprehensive Foodservice Manual for nutrition information, preparation techniques and ideas on how they can promote turkey on their menu year-round.
Visit these other areas of EatTurkey.com to learn more about the benefits of Turkey. The Perfect ProteinŽ:
- To hear Registered Dietitian Erin Boyd explain more about the healthfulness and versatility of turkey, click here.
- Full nutrition comparison of turkey products with other meats,click here
- Browse foodservice recipes and menu ideas
- To download a copy of the Turkey. The Perfect ProteinŽ logo, click here (username:editor; password:wishbone).
* Comparison of 3 oz. serving of skinless roasted turkey breast, 3 oz. serving of skinless roasted chicken breast, and 3 oz. serving of broiled top loin beef trimmed to 1/8" fat. Source: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service. 2006. USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release 19.