MyPyramid is part of an overall food guidance system that emphasizes and individualized approach to diet and lifestyles. MyPyramid Plan assists in selecting smart food choices and amounts from each food group.
- 1) Grains, including whole grains.
2) Vegetables, including dark green and orange veggies.
3) Fruits, emphasis is on eating a variety of fruits.
4) Poultry, meats, fish, beans and nuts, choose low-fat and lean poultry and meats.
5) Milk, yogurt and cheese, choose low-fat or fat-free.
|The "Go Lean with Protein" section of the pyramid recommends eating two to three servings from the "meat and poultry group" each day. Turkey provides high quality protein. It is lower in fat and calories than many other foods within this group.|
|The Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2005 also offer good direction for health. Of particular interest is the principle that advises, "Go lean with protein." This guideline recommends selecting the lower fat options with "lean meats and poultry". Turkey is a perfect choice.|
|Click on thumbnail to see larger image.|